Skill level: Beginner
If you like to eat healthy but don’t want to sacrifice flavour this goat cheese chicken salad is fast, easy, delicious and GLUTEN FREE!!
I make many variations on chicken salad, but I love the combination of these ingredient in particular. So much so that I often keep most of them on hand at all times. I do use a lot of the same ingredient in other recipes so if you like them. add them to your shopping list. It makes your shopping/cooking more efficient.
Ingredient: Makes two servings
– 2 chicken Breasts (Be humane buy ethically sourced meats)
– arugula (baby organic)
– a handfull of cilantro chopped
– a handfull of basil cut in to ribbons (choffonade)
– 2 green onions sliced
– 1 quarter red onions chopped or sliced thinly
– balsamic vinegar (a sweet one)
– olive oil (cold pressed)
– goat cheese (use a brand you enjoy)
– salt/pepper to taste
If your feeling adventurous, add mint, or thai basil and see how you like those flavors.
1. Heat a skillet to medium high and add cooking oil (grape seed it preferred because of its high burning temperature) while the skillet heats, cut the chicken breasts in to cubes or stripes (width wise). Add the chicken to the pan to sear. As each side sears turn the chicken in the pan to cook evenly. (You can cook the chicken breasts whole, and slices after if you like)
2. While the chicken is cooking, chop up your cilantro, green onions, red onions. Add the arugula to a bowl along with the stuff you just chopped. Be sure to save some cilantro and red onions for garnish.
3. Add a hefty covering of olive oil, a dash of balsamic and salt pepper to your bowl of greens. remember less is more you can always add more olive oil or vinegar after. So toss first than taste before adding to much. Toss the greens well to coat everything evenly.
4. By now your chicken should be done cooking. add it to a plate to cool momentarily so you don’t eat hot salad (gross).
5. after a minute or so, add the chicken to the top of the salad followed by a big dollop of goat cheese. Add the garnish you saved along with a touch more salt and pepper and your ready to rock and roll!
If you followed my instructions your food should look something like the picture bellow. Feel free to Change this recipe up. Its easy to make it your own with ingredient’s you love. ENJOY!